Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's me, Becca!

Well, I know that Kellen has completely disappointed everyone since he hasn't posted in a while so I am going to do my best to keep everyone updated. I'm not a good writer or near as funny as Kellen but I will fill you in on our babies lives. 

I went to the doctor the other day and the babies got measured. Baby A is currently 3.2 pounds which is in the 64 percentile and Baby B is 2.13 pounds which is in the 55 percentile. For those of you that don't understand the percentage mumbo jumbo I will try to explain. Babies that are average are in the 50 percentile. Since one of our babies in the 64 percentile, that mean that he or she is actually a little bigger then an average baby. Same with Baby B but just a little smaller then Baby A.  The sonogram tech said that their sizes were great and everything was looking good so far! :) 

This morning when I woke up my alarm went off to tell me that I was 30 weeks pregnant. I know I sound like the worst mother ever since I can't seem to remember how many weeks I am but I will just blame it on "pregnancy brain". 30 WEEKS!!! Holy cow. I have about 8 WEEKS left. 8!!!!!! Thankfully I have gotten just about everything I need. The only thing we are lacking are mattresses which I'm going to get tomorrow! Here are some awesome things that we have gotten so far!


These are the adorable car seats that I picked out. I love them and I think they are super neutral. I have already hung toys from the handles as if the babies will be able to play with them. Thanks Dad, Mom, Uncle Bill and Aunt Jody for each getting us one!!
This is our stroller. The car seats snap directly into the base. It is huge but it's awesome and really the only stroller that I found that will hold two car seats. Thanks Tracy and Michael (mom-in-law and dad-in-law)!
This is our pack and play. The babies will be sleeping in this for a while. Kellen and I put this together in the living room and to get it back to our room we will have to take it apart. Graco directions are pretty much the worst directions I have every tried to follow so we decided to leave it in the living room until it NEEDS to be moved to the back. 
This is the matching swing. I got bored one day and decided to put it together by myself. Like I said, Graco direction are awful and the base ended up falling off. Good thing it fell apart before we put a baby in it. 

I decided that it would be fun to start a pool on what the genders, weights and due date (if that applies) of both babies will be. Example: 2 girls/5 pounds a piece/January 8th. I would love to hear everyone's guesses! Just leave a comment and I will add it to the list!



14 comments:

carey said...

Y'all have such cute stuff!! I'm so glad you have most of what you need!! I can't wait to meet them!!

My guess: 1 girl, 1 boy/5 lbs 7 oz and 6 lbs 3 oz/January 2nd.

David's guess: 2 boys/high 7s or low 8s/January 9th

Kandis said...

Your baby stuff is adorable!
Here's my guess:
2 boys
5 lbs 8 oz, 6 lbs 2 oz
New Years Eve :)

Chris thinks:
1 boy, 1 girl
their weights together will average 7.25 lbs (yes, this is what he said...)
born on January 6th
oh, and he also says you will name one of them sylvester. i don't know why.

LinaMW said...

Hey Becca...I love all the things you have for the babies :) I wish I could be a little closer! Well here is my guess:
1 girl and 1 boy/ 6lbs and 6 lbs 8oz/ January 2

Have fun and I miss ya!

Ashley said...

2 girls/ 5 lbs 9 oz & 5 lbs 4 oz/ January 4th!

ha! What would Kellen do with himself if they were both girls!?

Lora said...

Yay for baby stuff!

My guess:
2 boys/ 5lbs 3oz and 5lbs 9oz/ December 29th

Sharon Harrison said...

Awww....your stuff is so cool. I am going to guess...

2 girls
6 lbs. 2 oz
6 lbs 5 oz.
Born on Jan 3rd

You can name one Sharon and one Kandis!!

Marty said...

Love your stuff. Can't believe you only have 2 months yet. Yikes/Yay!! Also, a girl and a girl! I just really want Kel to be the dad of 2 girls!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am going with two boys, one at damn close to 8 lbs and the other about 6 lbs. Both boys born on 12/29/08.

Now, what do I win????

Pop said...

Grandpop says they are two girls, I keep dreaming about them, and they will be born on Dec. 28th. They will weigh 5 lbs 3 oz and 5 lbs 6 oz.

Mom said...

Okay, it is my turn. 1 boy/1 girl 5 lbs 13 oz and 6 lbs 3 oz. December 22. Red curly hair and blue eyes!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, Julie says December 30th, 2 girls, one 5 lb. 13 oz. and the other 5 lb. 8 oz.

I think they will be born December 27th, 2 girls, one 6 lb. 8 oz. and the other 6 lb. 3 oz.

michaelf said...

Dad Farmer predicts: 1 Boy 5 lbs 12 Oz / 1 Girl 5 lbs 2 oz Born December 31

Anonymous said...

First . . . I'm guessing two girls (based on the simple fact that Kellen has all but dared the good Lord to give him two girls by proclaiming his aversion to a diva duo)born on December 27 and weight 5.8 lbs and 6.3 lbs.

Second . . . The nursery is DARLING! Just needs a . . . ahem . . CURTAIN. :) Becca, my love, buy a curtain rod.

Anonymous said...

I just love that Pack and Play! Who gave you that? Oh yeah...Ninny and me!

I am guessing 2 girls...5lb 10 oz and 6lb 4 oz born on New Years Day (that would be fun, don't drink too many beers to ring in the New Year Kellen. You've gotta coach!)

Here's an IOU...I'll babysit anytime!

Love,
Auntie Chandra