Sunday, December 14, 2008

35 Weeks

35 WEEKS!!! That means we could have two little babies in 3 weeks IF they don't come earlier! Ahhhhhhh....I can't believe it. Everything has been going well. I haven't swollen any and I'm not THAT uncomfortable. 

So, in this post I have decided to make a list of things you shouldn't say to a pregnant woman:

- "You look like you are about to pop."
- "Wow"
- "When are you due, again?" (If you can't remember the first 30 times you asked, you don't deserve to know.)
- "I'm surprised you've done so well."
- "You look bigger every time I see you."
- "You are huge" (Yes, someone actually said this to me.)
- "You look like you have only gained a little water weight in your face." (Which I haven't.)

ALL OF THESE THINGS HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN SAID TO ME!!! Ugh. From that list the one that I CAN'T stand is, "You look like you are about to pop." Are you freaking kidding me?!?! That's just a nicer way to say you are huge. If you think I'm huge just keep it to yourself. I have even had another pregnant woman (In the store Motherhood Maternity) comment about me being big. Funny, she was just as big as me, not as far along as me, and I'M HAVING TWO!!! So there!!! 

I guess this post is just a way to tell people that it's not polite to just say whatever you want to a pregnant person. Oddly enough, we still have feelings. :o)  

The title to the next post will be "I feel like I'm walking around with the Elephant Man." Just something to look forward to!

3 comments:

Hannah and Scott said...

Haha I haven't gotten any of those comments, though I'm not as far along as you are. I'm sure I wouldn't appreciate them either! Can't believe you will have two babies soon! You are gonna be a great mom =)

taylor said...

It's amazing to me how people really have no couth. It'd been 3 months since I had had my baby and I still had strangers asking me when my baby was due! Of all the nerve... people need to think about what they say before they let the words fly out of their mouths!! You should reply by asking them when their baby is due!

Ashley said...

From my few friend's with children, I too, have learned what NOT to ever say or do to a pregnant woman... Do not touch her for any reason, and if you see her grocery shopping, do not say, 'I cannot believe how enormous you are!' because my friend just looked at that lady, burst into tears, left her cart in the middle of the aisle, and went to her car to cry!

I cannot believe I missed your baby shower by the way... I still have that invitation on my frige... do you guys need anything else or do you still want gift cards?