Wednesday, December 24, 2008

36 Weeks, 4 Days

Well, 3 people have guess the birthday correctly!! Mrs. Beverly, Lora and Scott! December 29th will be the big day!! Yay!! 

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything went awesome! They got measured and also had physicals . Baby A measured to be 6.2 pounds and Baby B measured to be 6.9. Of course that is just an estimation. Also, they had their physicals. Singletons apparently do not have physicals so I will try to explain what the doctors are looking for. The babies are trying to get a score of 8 out of 8. They look for movement of both babies (kicking, moving arms, turning). They also make sure they are practicing breathing. The babies aren't actually breathing the fluid their lungs are just contracting. If they are practicing, that means their lungs are developing correctly. They also check for a strong heartbeat. Last time we went to the doctor Baby B was apparently being very lazy and not practicing breathing but this time both babies passed with flying colors. 8 out of 8.

While I was at the doctor, she decided that it was time to schedule a time to have the babies. I was SOOO excited! She then began to explain to me what would happen during the C section. I will not explain everything but one thing I was really sad about was that I only get to see the babies for approximately 2 seconds a piece and then they get rushed away to be cleaned and checked. I will then be in recovery for an hour BY MYSELF and I won't be able to see the babies for an hour!!! What the heck! I just birthed the rug-rats and I have to give them up for everyone else to ooo and ahhh over. Oh well, I just pray they are healthy, happy babies. 

Anyway, everyone is invited to greet the babies into the world. I will go back around 8 and the babies will be here shortly after. Let me know if you would like to come! We would love to have you!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to be there!!!!

Dad/Pop/David

Kandis said...

ahh so exciting!!! I am so happy for you guys!

Ashley said...

I would love to come to the hospital! I cannot wait to meet them!!!

taylor said...

C-sections aren't bad at all... it all happens so quickly that it's just like a huge whirlwind, and it'll be over before you know it. Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures!