Monday, April 30, 2012

Our family pet...

While at the Caterpillar Parade we "adopted" a cocoon to take home and keep in a safe place until it was time for it to emerge. I'm not going to lie...I was a little worry about keeping this thing alive because they gave us strict instruction to take it home and put it in a cool, dark place. Well it eventually got to a cool, dark place...that is after we went and played at the park. 

Thankfully, after a few days of waiting and watching our beautiful butterfly emerged. I think I was more excited then the kids (probably because it was actually alive). After breakfast, we took it outside and set it free. It took a good 10 minutes for it to fly away but the kids had a great time cheering it on. Avery named the butterfly but for the life of me, I cannot remember what it was. 


No comments: