Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vicksburg or bust!

Our first road trip was a success!!! Today the babies, my mother-in-law ("G") and I made our way to Vicksburg to visit our twin friends Naomi and Melanie and of course their mother Susan. Susan and I lived together at Rice our freshman year at MSU. We had not talked for year but thanks to facebook we reunited! Shortly after becoming friends on facebook we found out that we were both going to be the mother to twins! Her girls are 2 and a half months old and are as cute as can be! I made it out of the door with my camera but unfortunately I FORGOT the battery at home....ugh....

After lunch at Rusty's (yummy) we hit up the outlet mall which ROCKED! The Vicksburg outlet mall has Carters, Gymboree, The Children's Place and OshKosh! Here is what we purchased:


First we went to The Children's Place. I got 2 jackets, 4 shirts, 5 pair of pants and 2 pair of shorts for $38 dollars! Isn't that great!!!

I know I might be jumping the gun a little but I thought these 1st birthday outfits were just to cute! It makes me sad to think about them being one. I don't wanna talk about it. Hopefully they will fit when they are one. Purchased at Gymboree. 


Anyone who has been around Sweet Princess Avery would know that this shirt is perfect for her! I LOVE it. 


Susan took pictures of all of us and the babies so as soon as I get those I will post them. Tomorrow we are going on our second road trip! Two road trips in TWO days = ONE tired momma. Tomorrow we are Starkville bound. I am SO excited to introduce the babies to one of my favorite places on Earth. I will definitely post pictures. 

Changing the subject...Have any of you ever watched "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" on TLC. This show is crazy. There are some women on this show that had twins. THERE IS NO WAY THEY DIDN'T KNOW. NO WAY!!! At the end of every show they try to plead their case for not knowing. Whatever....


I found this picture of one of the Floyd twins. Meet Naomi. Naomi, Susan and Tim stayed with us for the first couple of days of Naomi's life. Poor little Melanie was at UMC but is doing fine now! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved looking at your pictures of the twins as well as your purchases at the outlet mall. You got some really cute things. I love the 1st birthday outfits. Hope you guys have a great trip to Starkville and a great 4th of July. I do hope I can see the twins before they start school!

Barbara

Jane Ann said...

Rebecca, thanks for blogging about your Vicksburg trip. Susan had told me this was planned, but I have not heard a report. So happy that y'all got together. Wish I could have been there to help! I also enjoyed the Starkville Post. We spent some time in Starkville on our road trip, too, but didn't get near the pictures you did. Susan would love to do this with you, too!

Jane Ann

taylor said...

My baby will be turning one in about 3 1/2 weeks... I can't believe it! Makes me want to cry!